Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday evening update

Weekend was alright, uneventful for the most part. We went to a pretty cool diner last night called," Studio Diner." It was opened by some guy that owns a working motion picture studio right next door. Food was pretty good I guess, more of an ambiance type of thing really. The corresponding photo is not mine actually,(didn't take the ol' mini digi with me) We also took a stroll to chicago on a bun which is always delightful and filling. On the way there is a path we usually take which is quite serene although slightly unnatural which is an understatement. Nonetheless the ponds and falls are nice. There are always families of ducks swimming around and that is cool. We've been trying to let our cat out more so she quits crying so much, I think we are actually doing more harm than good. We put her on a harness which she detests but it cracks me up. I got one photo of her also that I thought had pretty good lighting. Oh and my orchid just isn't doing to do these days. What gives??







I was sort of interested to try out something similar to what I did with my stained glass assignment in class. So I used paint-markers and a small canvas and went to work on Saturday. It took a lot longer than I had anticipated. I sort of like it though.
I was gonna do some additional shading within the shapes to give them an embossed look. Maybe leave it alone and try something new. I have been motivated to work on new art which is tough to come by sometimes. Better take full advantage.


On a very sad note, This morning I woke the computer up, loaded the homepage and to my dismay, The great talent George Carlin had passed away. He is one of my favorite comedians. I always revered him as a revolutionary within his field let alone society as a whole. His wit, creativity and delivery was something most comedians could only hope to come close to. He constantly pushed the envelope, even going to the supreme court. He was still touring at the age of 71. Seemed his material got even better as time went on. I am sure he would have attributed that to how progressively ignorant society becomes year after year. No matter how brash he seemed, his logic and theories could always provoke thoughts. He will be dearly missed. It's hard to imagine not being able to see a new George Carlin special on HBO.

No comments: